[VAC] Re: Wheel bearing grease caps

Thanks for the tips guys, but I'm suddenly in luck!!!The gods must be
smiling down on me today, because I actually found one! On my way home from
work, I didn't go right home, because they are paving my street, so I half
decided to even retrace my route where I lost the cap- only 30 miles- what
are the chances? Instead, I stopped at the recently opened thrift store for
Habitat-for-Humanity, to browse. While looking around outside, I remembered
they had an old, old Avion around back. I took a look, just on the chance it
had my same axle. I got up to it and was disappointed to see the cap missing
from the wheel hub, and noted that it was also threaded like mine- drats!
Then, I went around to the other side, and Yes!, there it was, the same cap
I needed. I reached down, and was able to manually unscrew it. Took it
inside, and explained that it was from the old trailer, and it was already
missing one.  We settled on a price on 2 dollars- since it was greasy, she
thought "ick". I would have paid 10 times that if I had to!
Got it home, and sure enough, it fits! Talk about chance! I should go buy a
lottery ticket...
Rest of my day was spent rebuilding my 7 pin plug.
Thanks again,  Jere Potter