[VAC] Wheel bearing grease caps

I lost a wheel bearing grease cap while bringing my'64 Safari down out of
the mountains. It aint a good feeling when things fall off your trailer.  I
am having trouble finding a replacement for it because it is unusual. It is
a Threaded cap, not a press-fit cap. Outside has a large hex-head, threads
are fine, female/internal on the inboard side. It unscrews using slip-joint
pliers.  Anybody have a source for finding a new one?  I have been around
town to all kinds of places and have had no luck. Even checked with a
machine shop about fabricating one. I will be hitting the road next week and
need to find a solution in the next few days. One good thing is, I just got
new baby moons from NAPA, which can cover for the time being. I'm about to
try just jamming a plastic cap from anything on to protect from dirt&
moisture while on this trip, 3000 miles.
Any Ideas from the list???????
 Jere Potter #1877
'64 Safari, limping along
'64 Globetrotter