[VAC] Mystery Wood Object

Will someone please help me identify this stained but unfinished piece of
wood so I can use it as it's manufacturer intended. This piece is actually
two pieces screwed together with two hex head screws. The larger piece is 1
1/4 in. x 1 1/8 in. x 31 3/4 in. A channel has been routed out 1/2 in. x 5/8
in. leaving an L shaped piece with the 1 1/8 in side forming the base of the
L. To the outside of the L upright is screwed the smaller piece which is 1
1/4 in. x 3/8 in. x 31 3/4 in. Due to the way the two pieces are put
together a 6 3/4 in. extension is created causing the total length to become
38 1/2 in. The middle of the two pieces together before 6 3/4 in. extension
at either end is 1 1/2 in. x 1 1/4 in.
This piece has rested on the floor carpet underneath the kitchen sink
cabinet overhang since I purchased the unit two years ago. If you know about
cabinetry in the 1975 Land Yacht 25' version, I would greatly appreciate
some help. Thanks Hoyt