[VAC] Re: Polishing Aluminum Tanks

I would suggest try using a 1000 grit paper first  and see what that will
do.  If not doing the job drop to 800 and then to 600 and lastly to 400
if necessary.   Polishing aluminum is simply a process of removing
scratches produced by the polishing material (be it grit paper or polish)
and the finer the scratches the easier it is reach the final  polishing
stage .  I have used 400, 600, 1000 and 1500 on my unit and found the 400
 cut to deeply and spent to much time getting the sanding marks out.  I
now start at 600 then go to 1000 then use Rolite Prepolish, Metal Polish,
and AP300 (in that order) for touch up scratches I  "acquire" on the
trailer skin. However, your tanks are probably have  harder finish  then
trailer skin so they may need more grit.  Good luck.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com