[VAC] Re: Dometic M16

Andy,

Around nine years ago I installed all new appliances in my 1961 Bambi. I just
wanted new & safe gas equipment, including a gas leak detecter, regulator &
tanks. Now I have new OPD tanks.

At that time I installed a new Dometic RM 2201 AC/DC/LPG refer. It fit nicely
over the little drawer and under the new counter top stove that was installed
at the same time. There was actually extra space as this new unit wasn't quite
as tall so I built a little "shelf" for it to sit on. Then I installed a nice
gold tone wire mesh screen under the fridge and above the drawer. This give a
bit more air circulation, which is good. The air circulation comes from this
grill and vents up and out in a vent in the counter behind the stove top. In
hot weather I open the rear access door just a little, ( there's a rear mounted
spare tire that it rests on), and the rear trailer window. This gives very good
air circulation around the refer.

To operate this model Dometic you need access to the back for the controls. My
Bambi came with the rear access door.My Bambi has the rare & cute little refer
gas exhaust vent from the factory. It was very easy to vent the gas burner to
this vent on the back of the trailer and under the rear window.  I believe some
Bambis didn't have this door in the rear. With my factory access door I can
easily operate the fridge.

As far as I'm concerned I'd go just with 110/gas and forget about the 12 volt
part as the DC uses too much power. During travel time during the days it stays
cold if it is opened very little at lunch time.

When mounting the fridge I made sure the trailer was very level by using a
regular builder's level on the trailer floor. Then I made sure the platform for
the new refer was as level as possible. This means that now when parking and I
level the trailer by the little bubble level in the Dometic that the rest of
the trailer matches and is level as well.

This little Dometic was popular for use in tent trailers at the time. I've been
very pleased with this unit.

Pat