[VAC] Re: Heads Down

Bob -

Its in the linkage.
To see this clearly you will have to remove the plastic panel through which
the pedal extends into the coach. The step outside and reach through the One
Stop Service Center door (what a ridiculous name), and push down on the
pedal. It's hard to do with that stiff spring and bad angle you must reach
from, but All Will Be Revealed. Slop in the linkage lets the lever that the
fresh water is attached to to drop down and hang up on the body of the
sliding waste valve, and it can't close. Try shimming with washers, and a
gentle bend or two. It can be madding, but do-able. You must either have
someone operate the pedal while you watch from outside, or remove the above
mentioned panel and do it yourself.

While working on it I put an eye screw in the bathroom floor and tie the
pedal down with twine. This helps by holding everything open.

I wish I could send a picture, but I haven't the stuff to do it. Good Luck.

Alex In Indiana
66 Safari & Overlander
WBCCI 8728