[VAC] Parts in Alabama

Right back to you, George.

Camper Repair Center
8154 Highway 22
Montevallo, AL 35115
205.665.2531
D.A. Hare, Sr.
Talk to Sonny

This place has always been off the beaten path when we've gone through that
area of Alabama.  Last month, there were so many storms buzzing around that
I kept on trucking north instead of hanging around and poking around.

I'm sure we'll stop there - now that our son is stationed in New Orleans.
Eventually, on one of our hikes south from New England or on the return
trip, we'll hit it right for leisurely checking them out.

If you actually walk into the place and look it over carefully, please tell
us about it. Finding new sources of Airstream parts comes with the territory
of owning an old Airstream.  It's my understanding these folks have been
buying defunk dealership inventories. I'd like to know if that is correct.

As an aside, you might find additional sources by tracking down ex-Airstream
dealers. The one in Malta, NY has consistently had obscure parts when I've
gone to them. I'd wager other dealerships have their similar dusty corners
where no one knows what's really in there until they go looking with their
flashlight and my broken part in their hand.

Sooner or later, I find everything. Of course, during the interim, I "make
do" (sometimes satisfactorily, sometimes not). Persistence pays for those
with patience (or is it the other way around?).

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net
1977 31' Excella 500
1967 22' Safari