[VAC] Re: Tire replacement worries

Charlotte,

I have been using Good Year Marathons for at least 15 years. No problems.
The first set were load range B's. Grossly underrated for my 5000#
Overlander with only one axle, but they held up fine! When I discovered that
the GY dealer installed underrated tires another GY dealer replaced them for
free! The second set were the load range D's that gave me several years of
excellent service before being replaced under the recall 3 years ago. The
new load range D's have a circle around the D. I understand that they are
reinforced. These also are giving me very satisfactory service. In my book
Goodyear Marathons are the way to go.

About the spare...the time you leave it at home will be the time you need
it. While I have not had any troubles with the tires, I have had problems
with the valve stems springing a leak on a couple of occasions. Perhaps you
could store the spare in your tow vehicle?

Scott