[VAC] Re: 1973 AIRSTREAM AMBASSADOR

Sigh. The only thing i can suggest is more careful caulking...
Are you using Vulkem ? It is messy to use, but it stays sticky and
flexible for decades, why do this boring job twice...

I was very careful to seal the metal frame out side the Vista views and
the inside next to the glass. I smear the vulkem on with my fingers,
pushing it into the cracks with great diligence. Then I use a paint
thinner dampened rag, ( actually lots of them) to carefully clean up the
mess and leave a decent bead of caulk. You can't really see it from the
outside, too high up.

On another note, we were camping in NY State in the downpour, and the
vista views dripped condensation. I don't have a vent for the shower or
the cooking, but kept the ceiling vents cracked and ran the furnace.
Finally I just closed them to keep the moist inside air from hitting the
cold glass. I still have the inside plastic window. If you just have the
single pane of glass, the condensation could easily mimic a leak !

Mine is still leaking at the rear bumper, the rain snakes under the
hinge and right into the edge of the flooring. It's mostly epoxy now
anyway, but enough already,

Keep in touch,
Daisy