[VAC] Question: Fantastic Fan & Vulkem?

My project this year is to install 2 new Fantastic roof vent vans, and thanks to
all of you who have documented your experience doing this same thing, there is a
great wealth of information on how-to and what-not-to do.  I have studied all
that I could find.  I now have the 2 new fans, the Vulkem, the syringes, the
special Airstream interior trim, and the tools.

Here's my question: where should I apply the Vulkem, with respect to the flange
gasket?  Should I coat the gasket faces with Vulkem, or just apply it around the
edges when finished?

This is the first time for me using Vulkem, so I want to get it right.  Thanks.

John Anderson
'66 Sovereign