[VAC] Re: Asbestos floor tile

So what do I do with the loose asbestos tiles, the cracked asbestos tiles
and the floor heater in the bathroom (don't ask:) that's being removed and
the area under the galley where the Suburban heater used to be.  These are
all areas that are going to take special work.  I am not willing to leave
the asbestos so I'd be really happy to hear from list members who have had
good experience with cork, wood or other surfaces.

I think there has already been agreement that there are certain nooks way in
the back where the asbestos will stay.  None of the four contractors yet
have given any concern about the cost of the conversion.  I am really
interested in "abatement".  I assume that means making the subfloor nice and
smooth to accommodate the new floor.  I am guessing that some flooring
materials cover rough sub floor better than others.  Lots of presumptions
here.  Simple not too technical answers would be appreciated.

This has been one tough day.  Arghhh!

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
1966 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park