[VAC] DC converters/chargers

All this discussion of Univolts and Chargers leads me to asking a dumb
question as it relates to my '63 Overlander.

My Overlander is pre-Univolt. The DC and AC systems are totally independent
of each other with no charging of the battery except through auto alternator
while towing. In order to add a dc converter/charger where is the best
location to place it, and how would I actually wire it in?

The battery box is on the street side and the AC hook up cable and fuse box
is on the curb side. Shall I simply find a location where the AC of the
converter can be plugged it, and then splice the dc output into what???

The Overlander is still under "re-construction" and I have actually never
used it, so my understanding of it's operation is an assumption on my part.
Any recommendations as to configuring the electrical would be appreciated.

Phil R
Guilford, CT
63 Overlander