[VAC] looking to improve lighting

Greetings from Tulsa,

We now  have a 1977 Sovereign 31 ft. center bath. Previously we  had a 1965
Sovereign which over  the last 18 years has helped create many great
memories for my wife, our three kids, and myself. . I have been in the
process of putting pergo flooring in galley and doorway, with new carpet
elsewhere. I'm now motivated to do some other improvements to make our times
spent in the  trailer even more enjoyable..

One of the things we would like to do is improve the lighting throughout the
trailer.  All of the original lighting fixtures work fine but the lighting
still leaves a lot to be desired.  A friend suggested I look into adding
some of the  new 12 volt fixtures now used in trailers and RV's where 12
volts was readily available, and  also new 110 volt light fixtures where 110
was available. I hadn't really thought about it until he suggested it. We
normally have 110 available where we camp, so a couple 110 volt fixtures
might be  a possibility.

I am interested in what others have done to improve the lighting in their
vintage trailers.  One idea he had was a light under the galley sink storage
area, over the front couch, and additional lighting in the center bath. The
shower has only indirect lighting  from the fixtures on both side of the
vanity mirror over the sink so the lighting is really poor in the shower
and not all that great in the bathroom.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as to what type (incandescent
or florescent) , style, and voltage (12 volt dc or 110 ac) fixtures that
others have used for  supplemental lighting to lighten up the interior of
their trailers. Where would you go shop for new fixtures?

I have been enjoying the vaclist for a long time.  Thanks everybody for the
knowledge you've shared which has helped me and others in our own
restoration projects.

Cheers,

Charlie Gunkel