[VAC] Alclad

Can someone tell me the correct alloy, temper and thickness of alclad to
match the sidewalls of my 1962 Bambi?  There are 2024T3, 2024-0, 7075T6 and
7075-0 to name a few.  They all come in a wide range of thicknesses.  My
primary concern is that when polished it matches the original in appearance
as closely as possible.

On a related topic,  when replacing the original water heater is there a
preferred way of dealing with the old vent?  My understanding is that the
new Suburban and Atwood water heaters have covers available but they do not
have Airstream (alclad) covers available.  Is this true or am I just looking
in the wrong place?  Is it preferable to salvage the old Bowen cover and
retrofit it to the new heater?  Mine is less than perfect.

Thanks for your help.

Dick
1962 Bambi