[VAC] Another electrical question

Hey you electricians, I have another one to run by you. Insead of replacing
the outside outlet for shore power, what if I get a 30 amp line and run it
into the fuse box. There is room in the little compartment that the fuse box
is in to handle a 20' cord. I have only a 15 amp cord and outlet now and will
need the extra amps for a fridge and AC. This avenue would bypass buying a
$30-$40 outlet and a 30 amp shore power cord for $?
    I was advised to do this by a local RV shop but wanted some input from
those familiar with the Airstream.
Thanks.
Jerry
57 Overlander