[VAC] Re: Battery box

It actually has a flat bottom.  The sides are angled for support.  The
original ones originally held skinny tractor batteries.  With the advent of
Deep Cycle batteries, most people relocated their batteries elsewhere and
use the box to store hitch parts and leveling jacks.

The most elegant solution I've seen on a trailer was they had a metal shop
make a duplicate - only two inches wider to hold the new batteries.  Since
all it is is formed sheetmetal, it looked just like the original, and could
use the original wiring.  If you don't have one, there are plenty of
pictures in my archive section that a shop could use as example, plus the
dimensions of the new battery.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com