[VAC] Re: Battery box

Dick,

I have long owned a 1961 Bambi with the battery box that is mounted just below
the front window.

The battery box is supposed to have a flat bottom. Just the side walls are
slanted. The type of battery that's supposed to be used is an old style
commercial style that fork lifts & tractors use.

Two years ago I moved my propane tanks forward and mounted a good sized battery
box on the trailer tongue just behind the tanks. I am now using a good sized
deep cycle battery and there's a world of difference.

I would recommend that you install a modern battery box and go with the deep
cycle battery.

Pat