[VAC] Re: Help with new upholstry (how to?)

We agree with Jim. We (Krista) did our own upholstery on the Caravel,
including new foam and material. Cost was about $420 in materials (not
counting the HD sewing machine - but don't forget needles, thread,
zippers, welting, etc). She spent 3 weekends on them.  They look great,
but after realizing that a nearby upholstery shop specializing in
vehicles could have done it for only $300 more, she made me swear that
our Flying Cloud undergoing restoration will have them done
commercially.  She'll stick with the curtains...

RJ
VintageAirstream.com