[VAC] Re: Non-conventional pullers

My experience was with a bit older Toyota - - a 1979 model in 1980.  While
it was rated to tow 3,000 pounds, my local Reese Dealer refused to fabricate
a htich for it.  It seems that the frame behind the rear axle wasn't stout
enough to handle a weight distributing platform hitch.  The dealer was quite
conservative, and I decided to follow his recommendation rather than chance
having another shop whom he indicated would do the work regardless.  There
were many changes to Toyotas during the 1980s, so it may be that today's
models have had that particular deficiency corrected.  The vehicle certainly
felt like it had the power to handle the trailer.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban