[VAC] Re: Composting Toilets and Tankless Water Heaters?

Dennis,

I don't know what year Airstream began installing gray water holding tanks
but I do know that my 1969 Int Ambassador doesn't have one either.

Not having to deal with black water would be nice because you wouldn't have
to move the trailer or have a 'blue boy' tank if the site didn't have sewer
line hookup.

But, what do you do with the gray water in this case of no sewer line
hookup?

I have been in state parks in GA and SC where they had dry wells and you
could camp next to them and let the gray water go out the hose.  You'd still
have to solve the black water tank issue though if you had extended stays.

Do you or anyone else have any idea *when* Airstream began installing the
gray water holding tank?

If you have one of these trailers and the original or a copy of the manual
that came with it you will find a perfect description and drawing showing
you how to dig a "gopher hole" for the gray water and possibly even the
black water.  Those were the days! ;)

Tom