[VAC] Re: Equal-i-zer Hitch

Charlie:

Thanks for your comprehensive report on Equal-i-zer Hitch. I'm going to be
towing my 26' argosy with a late-model, GM full-sized rwd wagon with a
factory tow package and the LT1 5.7 engine, which is nowhere near the beef
of your 2500 HD, 8.1 and Allison (what a combo!) but which I think will
work fine, given what these rigs were originally designed to be towed with.
But, given that I'm running a bit light on the tow vehicle by today's
standards, I'd be happy to invest in a really good sway-control hitch.  The
eas-lift single swaybar that came with my rig has been adequate for the very
limited amount of towing I've done so far, and in fact my 26 has been better
behaved than my 16' SOB (without sway control) is.

Here's my question: In spite of reading the Eqaul-i-zer website, I'm still
not sure how the sway control system on theirs works, and why it is better.
I don't need to know the details--if you think it is, I'll be happy to take
your word for it. In my situation, do you think the ca. $550 upgrade is
worth it? Do the Equal-i-zer no-chain spring bars produce a better ride and
allow more accurate weight equalizing than eas-lift? Is the equal-i-zer sway
control better than a friction bar?

Thanks much for your insight. I always appreciate your posts.

Dan
76 Argosy 26