[VAC] Re:

Al,
  I needed about 1 1/2" additional drop on my EZ-Lift hitch when I
traded trucks. It was a simple matter for me to weld a 3" long piece of
2" X 2" stock to the bottom of the "downcomer" and drill/bore it to
49/64" for the 3/4" bolt. That allowed dropping the adjustable hitch
head the proper amount.

If you don't have welding and drilling equipment, you should be able to
find a welding shop to do the job for you at minimal cost.

                                      <<Jim>>