[VAC] Re: Difficult window leaks

Greetings Charlotte!

I realize there is a slight difference with the corning windows, but
have you ruled out the possibility of the rear clearance lights as a
leak source for your rear window - - or possibly one of the rearmost
roof seams? The clearance lights on my Overlander have been the source
of leaks two different times, and each time it appeared the window was
leaking (once in the front and once in the rear).

and the kitchen window.

Have you ruled out the possibility of a leak originating from the
range hood vent fixture where it exits the wall/roof if your trailer is
so equipped? The vent cap on my range hood vent fixture was damaged in
a hail storm, and this created a leak that evidenced itself in the
kitchen window. Again, I know there are apt to be differences between
my '64 Overlander with Hehr windows and your '67 Caravel with Corning
windows.

I am not totally sure where the water is getting in,so let me try and
describe what I see.....the water appears to be getting in from the
upper window corners.Inside,it appears towards the upper corners of the
windows....I can feel the wetness there and can see it running down the
window lever and dripping off the bottom of it.My initial thought is
that although I have sealed around the TOP of the window frame,these
leaks are getting it where the window bends outwards when you open
it.Any thoughts on this?If this is indeed the problem,how do you solve
it?The only thing I can think of is to caulk that entire "crack"
line(right where the window opens outwards)...if so,what should I
use?Some kind of non-silicone clear caulk?I think Vulkem or Sikaflex
would be rather unsightly here.My other concern is that if I do caulk
this area,that the opening and closing of the windows will eventually
cause the caulk to fail anyway

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban