[VAC] Re: 1958 Hitch Needs Help

Gerald,
I've loosened stuff that you'd have sworn was WELDED, it was that
rusty. I've also broken cast iron parts with the air hammer, so you do
have to be careful. Of course, you made a good point about that hitch
perhaps being shot anyway. If the trailer was mine, I'd probably replace
it. Dunno about the 1958, but my 1968 was a 'standard' angle (whatever
that is) and a hitch from Northern looked like it belonged.

We used to use the air hammer with a 'panel cutter' chisel when we were
making drum stoves. It makes SHORT work of cutting the openings in the
drums!

WD-40 works pretty well for me for what it's intended for, but Corrosion
-X is somewhat better, IMO. Everyone has their favorites, and I've not
found one to be markedly better than any other.

<<Jim>>