[VAC] Re: Clearcoat Removal

Hello,
I stripped my 30 foot 1968 Sovereign with Bix Stripper. Paint it on in
one direction, one small panel at a time, out of the sun. Let it sit 15
to 20 min. and scrape off with a plastic putty knife. I then wipe off
the remaining residue with lacquer thinner and a rag. Do not wash it off
with water it will destroy any seals it comes in contact with. I used
3-4 gallons to complete the job, well under $200; it took about 40 hours
to complete this part of the polishing job. I had about 120 hours in the
stripping and polishing of the 30 footer the first time through. That's
stripping and polishing the unit 3 times with 3 different Rolite
products (all from airstreamdreams.com). Sounds like a lot of work but
the result is really cool looking, 30 feet of mirror!
Good Luck,
Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign