[VAC] Clear Coat Removal

	Ok Gang, here is the straight poop. Do not buy any paint removal
stuff made by anyone. Go instead to a auto parts store like Auto-Zone and
look hard and you should find a blue at the top going very light at the
bottom with a red band around the top can(s) It has a DC 10 airplane in
flight below the words:

		LOW ODOR
		AIRCRAFT brand
		Remover

	I will verify that this same stuff can be bought at the Walmart
AUTO SECTION! Do not look in the paint section. You will buy all the stuff
I just put in the trash can. A small sign says this is also made by Klean
Strip, but it's not like any of the other. It is a tan color.

	Now results. I put a moderate coat of this stuff on 15 square feet
of the lower right front corner. I put some on a couple of bad spots on
the part I worked on yesterday. Then put the moderate coat of goop on the
15 square foot panel. Went in and made a cup of coffee. Had to heat the
water and grind some more coffee and by the time it was done 15 minutes
has passed.

	I wiped the small part I was fixing on the door off and it's
CLEAN! Then went to the 15 square foot part and it allmost all wiped off
with a cloth! There were a few spots where the goop had dried up. So I
used a total plastic big brush to get the dry parts free. It went fine and
when done I see a few small places that need a second coat and it's DONE.

	My 1976 Airstream 23 foot has all the clear coat it had new on the
lower half of the trailer. The upper half has very little to no clear coat
left. This is good and bad. Good because no trouble with clear coat, but
the aluminum is oxidised and will take serious polishing.

	I see the end of the tunnel. Can't make out any detail yet...:-)

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di@arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -
                        http://www.zianet.com/k5di/