[VAC] Material Type Used in '64 Overlander Shower/Tub Unit

Greetings All!

I am down to the last two major projects in the refurbishment/restoration of
my '64 Overlander International, one of which is the
refurbishiment/restoration of my Shower/Tub/Wash Basin unit.  I hadn't
anticipated what a sharp contrast would exist between the
restored/refurbished interior and the original Shower/Tub/Wash Basin unit
which is a very badly faded avacado green with permanently imbedded brown
and yellow stains in the Wash Basin.  My plan is to have this fixture
professionally refinished in a more neutral antiue pewter.  I know the color
is not original, but avacado green just does not coordinate with my revised
interior colors of blue, silver, and white.

 I have been contacting nearby contractors who refinish bathroom fixtures
regarding refininshing the Shower/Tup/Wash Basin unit in my Overlander.
After overcoming their initial shock that someone would even consider
spending $275-$500 on refinishing the bath in a 38-year-old travel trailer,
each has asked the same question - - is the unit truly fiberglass or some
other composite.  It seems that they will only guarantee their work on
fiberglass or porcelain over cast iron.    One of the contractors seemed
certain that the material was ABS plastic, but I didn't think that ABS
plastic would be used that early in the '60s.   Can anyone confirm my belief
that the material used in the Shower/Tub/Wash Basin unit is actually
fiberglass?

The nearest contractor expressing an interest in the project is over 60
miles away, and the most accommodating contractor is more than 120 miles
away.  Both are reluctant to come look at the unit unless I can reassure
them that the Shower/Tub/Wash Basin unit is actually fiberglass.  A third
contractor, whom I have already ruled out, wanted to charge $60.00 just to
come look at the job because he was "certain" that the material was ABS
plastic and not fiberglass.

Thanks for any insights that might be offered!

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1975 Cadillac (prospective tow car)