[VAC] Fw: Old WBCCI Numbers

While trying to join WBCCI, I was asked if I knew the old numbers of my unit. If so, they would issue me those numbers, if I would like, and of course, if they are available. I think using the old numbers would be a terrific restoration feature. My problem is I don't know the numbers. I can read the shadow of some of them, but not all. I asked Kathy Adams, from the WBCCI office, if there was a way to do a search for my old numbers. I have the name of one of the previous owners about 17 years ago, some parts of the old number and  the serial number of my unit. The best Kathy could do for me was to manually search the members directory for an owners name in the year we think it might exist. This might work, but  I'd like to be sure to get the original numbers. In a perfect world searching on my unit's serial would solve the problem, but the WBCCI does not have the information on a searchable database.

I think it would be a great addition to the VAC website to have such a database. In addition to WBCCI numbers, other data could be included, pertaining to the history of each unit. Data could be updated by current owners. This resource would not only enhance the VAC, but would also increase the market value of each unit. What do you girls and boys think?

Rick Langer
'66 GlobeTrotter