[VAC] Shocks

Jim,
       The stud appears to be approx. 5/8 in. diameter X 3 in. long. The last
3/4 in. being threaded down to 1/2 in. The stud turned off where the thread
stopped on the shaft. Getting the nut to break loose was not a problem. By
backing off the nut in small amounts and reversing direction frequently plus
adding penetrating oil you should not have a problem. This particular nut
seemed to be moving without much trouble when it let go. After that I was
more careful, and regardless how they seemed to turn, I took it slowly. I
can't remember who on the list warned about this, but I thought I was being
cautious, apparently not enough.

J.L.Dietz #4361