[VAC] Re: refinish, glue residue, sander suggestion

I have tried several different solvents and glue remover without any luck.
The glue was much better and had a longer life than the vinyl. I think my
next approach in getting back to a "real wood" look in my 76 as others have
in earlier models is to recover with the thin wood veneer sheets. I have
seen them at Loews and they go on pretty muck like wall paper. Then you just
trim, stain and varnish. This would even work over some of the faded out
Formica panels as well.

Don Hardman