[VAC] Re: Clearcoat removal frustration

Charlotte, I have to hand it to you, I would never attempt that job.

Look in the archives, there is some aircraft stripper that the polishing
folks swear by. The clear coat is a witch's brew of things to saty clear
and not degrade in light and heat, that's why it is so hard to take off.
I would think the steel wool is a bad idea.  It will give you a lot more
polishing time, and I think the aluminum on the top layer is different
from underneath, so it isn't good to grind down too far.

Good luck,

Daisy