[VAC] Refinish wood panels - 67 Safari

Hi Tom and Marlo,

One summer week when the weather forecast was warm and dry , I removed all
the wood panels (everything I could unfasten), sanded them down several
times, wiped the dust off, painted them with clear polyurethane paint, let
them dry for a few days while I cleaned (white glove) the entire interior of
our '67 22' Safari.

Then, I did the same with all the wood framing and other wooded pieces I
couldn't unfasten.  The next week, I put everything back together. There's
nothing new in this procedure, but everything looks great, even almost new.

The biggest problem occurred afterwards. Refinishing wood panels led to new
drapes, new carpet, new set of dishes, new silverware, new pots and new
pans. We now have 30# aluminum bottles, a second battery, solar panels,
safety shut off valve on water inlet, convenient on/off switch for
converter, fluorescent lights, new shock absorbers, new tires, new door
handle and keys, installed dead bolt, reinforced structural stringers under
the second battery, added a catalytic heater with separate on/off valve,
repainted the blue exterior trim, recaulked all the exterior seams, cleaned
and waxed all the aluminum (many times), used dielectric grease on all
outside markers, replaced the fresh water tank and the Shurflo pump.

The list goes on. It hasn't ended and probably won't in the near future.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net