[VAC] 25 year rule

I just received my VAC newsletter and was surprised to see the "Presidents Message from Noland Vogt concerning changing the qualification for vintage status. Currently once an A/S is 25 years old it is Vintage. According to Mr. Vogt he is considering setting a cutoff date such as 1969/1970 to qualify as Vintage or even 1979. He also mentioned establishing classifications of Vintage: 1930's, 1940's and so on. This probably is not a bad idea but I personally think the 25 year rule to determine Vintage status works just fine.