[VAC] Re: '65 trailer comes home!

Hello,

This is an update on our '65 Trade Wind Twin 24' trailer. We had it towed
home for the first time last week and now it's parked in the slot in the
front yard created especially for it. We were able to get the city of
Encinitas to approve a sewer "clean out" connection to the trailer. Water is
there and soon the 30 amp panel and breaker will be installed. So it will be
full hookup! Once we move this trailer to our "Ranch" in Borrego
Springs...this hookup will be available to members travelling in the San
Diego North county. Allow about one year for that to happen.

Now on the news about the trailer: Sonrise RV replaced the frig, toilet pump
converter, and stove. They repaired all the electrical which was no small
problem. The only thing not working is the front two exterior marker lights.
On that the small green wire could not be found under the rig. Any one know
where to find them?

Bonnie and I have cleaned and recleaned all the interior surfaces both
exposed and hidden. We've restored the front couch to a high standard with
all surfaces either replaced with new or redone to better than new! It really
looks good. If you need help with your couch project send us a note. We also
cleaned and detailed the exterior as perfect as we could without polishing
it. We will be rebuilding one of the twin beds shortly and after the couch
project that will be a piece of cake! The original Mahogany has come up
beautifully and the combination of high gloss polyurethane finished pieces
and all the brass accents is going to have a stunningly beautiful visual
impact. The couch was done in a soft gold color fabric.

Our thanks go out to a long list of VAC members for their help and advice. We
still don't have a tow vehicle. Our funds will got to the restoration for the
moment. It's so much fun to have it home and if your in the area... please
stop by and say hello. We are located about 22 miles North of San Diego.
Thanks, Stuart and Bonnie.