[VAC] Re: poliglowglow

All of us who want a bright and shiny trailer are looking for the majic bulletto get the job done with as little work as possable. there are worse jobs thab buffing Airstreams Bailing out the black water tank with a dixie cup might qualify.
So after looking up polyglow web site and calling them and exlpaining my provlem I was assured that this was what i was dreaming of.I had already buffed The Silver Abaltross And wanted something that would hold the shine. Using the stripper to remove any resadue frome the buffing process what i found when I washed it down it left etched marka that could only be removed by buffing. I repated the process several times to make sure that I was not at falt and each time this was the result.
I took a badly peace of aluminum (apice of the old belly pan) and tried it on that it did an excellent job of removing the oxidation from that, I believe that if your Airstream has not been buffed in the lasr 40 years it mite pay to use the stripper before buffing.
I used it on the aluminum crover thet i have installed to crover the toungh mounted diesel generator and it did a fair job on it.
After the final buffing on my trailerI am using Meguiar's cleaner wax it tenda to dull the shine somewhat(it looks like polished silver rather than chrome plate) If I use this a cou[le times a year hopefully the trailer will stay shiney for sometime.
Jim Smith
1992 Tradewind (the Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel