[VAC] Re: Tire & Tire Pressure Questions

Ted,
  I agree with you, 100%. Darned if I know where you'd get the drum
balanced, though. It would be possible to build a setup to do this
yourself if you're handy.

The way I'd do it would be to make a mandrel with plugs that fit the
bearing races. Set up a pair of metal rails that are perfectly level OR,
set up 2 pairs of small ball bearings, preferably with the seals
removed, to reduce friction. Put the drum/hub, mounted on the mandrel,
between the rails or bearing pairs, and the heavy spot will roll to the
bottom. This is how large grinding wheels are balanced in factories.

                                <<Jim>>