[VAC] Water Heater re-visted

A few weeks ago I posted the problems I was have with the water heater in my 1976 31' Sovereign. The pilot and burner would light but only stay on for about 2 minutes and ten shut off. I replaced the thermocouple but the problem continued.

Now I am planning a trip in late April so I am about to tackle this problem again. I spoke to Chris Jones at Bob Jones RV here is Houston and he feels that I will need to replace the gas control valve on the water heater, about a $90 part that he has in stock. The other option is a new water heater, a $200 + to $400 + project depending on the type of unit I want.

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Don Hardman