[VAC] Re: Pressure Water Systems & PEX

Ted
In my '73 I got tired of the fixing leaks, so I took all the copper tubing out and ran PEX. I used the PEX compression fittings instead of using the crimp type. The tool for the crimp fittings cost about $125.00 - $150.00 depending on where you get it, but the two plumbing supply warehouses here both recommended the compression for my application. After buying all the necessary PEX compression fittings (they are not cheap) I spent about $50.00 for the fittings and $40.00 for the PEX tubing. I did buy a few extra fittings though because I put in a few more shut off valves where there was none before. Another thing I like about the PEX, other than ease of installation is instead of using one color tubing you can get blue for cold and red for hot. I figured that way if I ever did have another leak or anything I would know which water line to shut off without shuting off everything. Have fun.
Bobby