[VAC] Re: Cleaning out H20 heater

First off, thanks to all for so many valuable ideas on clearing deposits in
my Bowen H20 heater and hot water lines.  I did a dress rehearsal on all the
steps and here's what I found.  The general appearance of the unit is clean
with no signs of structural problems.  It does put out very hot water so I
figure it's worth saving.

I started to wrench on the top fitting (Output) when I saw a small tag with
type these old eyes could barely read.  Something about "sweating the
fitting".  I moved to the lower fitting and it had a red pressure relief
lever and more small type.  Finally I found the drain valve near the bottom
of the tank facing toward the rear compartment.

It looks like a standard outdoor faucet with hose connection. I turned the
knob and it broke off in my hand.  It looked like the inside had been kluged
with plastic wood and a screw.  Break time :-(

I think I'm going to call a pro.
Bob