[VAC] Re: Leveling the hitch

Thomas
The friction anti-sway brake works fine. I had two sway brakes on 29' Ambassador.
Worked fine. As for the adjustment when you connect one end to the trailer back off the tension then slide the friction brake to check the tension, you will want to tighten the tension until it gets firm resistance but still slides, then connect it to the arm/small ball on the hitch head, then tighten 1/4 turn. This will get you in the ballpark, though you may find that once you get on the road you may want to adjust a little more depending on the cross winds. I used two sway brake controllers on my 29' and only once on a trip from Texas did I have to stop and add more tension to the sway brakes, other than that using the method I just described worked for me.
Bobby