[VAC] Re: Hitch Height?

Polly. The published ball height can be checked again and again, if the
trailer is empty. That permits you to check the rubber rods in the axle, to
see if they are still holding true, or are they failing. Our article
"Dura-torque Axle" in our web site,  inlandrv.com addresses that issue, and
tells you how to check your trailers axle. How someone loads their trailer
varies considerably, from lightly loaded, to extreme overload. I know,
because of what I had to carry when working for Caravanner Insurance, my 1973
31 foot weighed a little over 10,000 pounds. The ball height at that weight
was 15 inches, some 3 1/2 inches below the published height. In time, if the
ball height lowers, it's really telling you that the rubber rods in the axle,
are history.   Andy