[VAC] Re: Replacing Shocks

Any one who ever drove on I10 in Texas should know what tears trailers apart the washboard highway sets up i harmonic vibration that plays hell with the trailer and tow truck. My water lines broke as a result.will wheel balancing stop that?I think Not. When I buy tires they are static balanced as any auto tire is. When I repacked the wheel I marked the bottom of the tire and spun the wheel several times a badly out of balance wheel will always stop with the heavy spot on the bottom. if the wheel stops in no particular order it is reasonably balanced. As far as shocks go I replaced the original shocks several years ago after having them matched at the local parts store they are functioning as they should.And did not cost the inflated price that Airstream shocks would have cost.Another item that was discussed was a microwave oven one should buy a RV oven as the over the counter ones will nor take the punishment that use in a trailer will render. My $79.00 microwave sat on the floor and bounced around for many thousand of miles over the years before I built it in and it works just fine.Any thing marine or RV is always sold at an inflated price. As I read the post I cannot help but to wonder
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Albatross)