[VAC] Re: Bambi 12v/110v System

Keith,

You guessed it. One light is 110v ac, the other is 12v dc. I believe that there will not be a charger unless it was added at a later date. I think that the first univolts came out in '64. My '60 Overlander has the same electrical system. It has a fuse block for the 12v side. It is located on an interior wall behind the couch near the battery. I am assuming that you will find the fuse block for your 12v system in a similar place.

With a good battery and an adequate charge line from the tow vehicle I have found that the battery has sufficient power for my most demanding overnight needs, (I tend not to use lights much at night, nor TV, radio, etc.) On a trip in Jan It had enough juice to power my furnace blower motor on a 20 degree night. However I have recently added an automotive type battery charger that I will plug in when battery usage is high, or when I am parked in one place for a longer period of time. This is more to extend the life of the battery by keeping it charged, rather than to give me more power. I tend not to dry camp often, or for long periods of time. A week in Yellowstone is the longest, and I still had power left in the battery to operate the jack.

Scott