[VAC] Re: Insulation

Heres an update on my insulation questions . I have noticed in the past
on my
other trailers the pattern of condensation on the roof panels in cold
weather
when the heat is on .Some areas (where ribs are particularly) don't
condense ,
other places do .
   Upon further investigation taking the interior out of my new project
, there
are places where there isnt any insulation and obviously never was . It
must
have been made on a friday , or the workers where upset about Wallys
passing
away . Or they hated fiberglass as much as I do ! Not to mention the
mice
evidence everywhere , and one nest in particular.
   So it looks like I`m going to totally disassemble the interior , and
not just
where I absolutly have to ( like where the bathroom floor got vacuumed
up , and
the mouse house )  . This way I can replace the cloth covered wire and
not worry
about that being chaffed or chewed upon.
   I plan on using fiberglass , and then a layer of Reflectix ( like
mylar
bubble wrap) and taping the seams at the ribs as a vapor barrier with
the
aluminium tape used for foil covered foam , which I may also use in
places .
Then put the interior panels back .
  I had  big hopes of using it this summer , but it looks like next year
now .
After seeing what I`ve seen in this trailer , no wonder they get hot in
the
summer.! Will try and take some before (a little late now !) during and
after pictures , and make a
web page . Really is a good original interior ,which I plan on keeping
that way
    Drop a ceiling panel today , you`ll be surprised at what you find !
And
beware of rust colored interior rivets...
Chris Elliott