[VAC] Re: Clearcoat Removal Using Nuvite G6

Here's a picture of it being done:
http://vintageairstream.com/rr_polish5.html
http://vintageairstream.com/rr_polish6.html

Now, here is the rest of the story.  While it works, what you can't see
is the little scratches left by the tiny particles of the clearcoat as
it is being removed. It took Tim quite a bit of additional work with
the finer S Grade polish to remove them.  It wasn't Tim's intention to
demonstrate removing clear coat, it's just that the demo trailer still
had it's old clear coat installed.

Nothing would stop you from trying it, and I think it would only work
if the finish was old and brittle. A fairly recent application might
prove to be too "smeary", and may not release its adhesion as well.
Let us know if it works.  I still prefer the chemical strippers and
washes.

Check out the NuVite polishing page on use of their course compounds:
http://perfectpolish.com/Techniques.htm

Best of luck,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com