[VAC] awnings

Hi guys - sorry about adding the "s" to beaconfabric.com - thanks to those
who straightened that out. I am interested in the awning stories because I'm
entertaining 2 possibilities: either make one out of the Sunbrella fabric
from that site, or buy one that goes on tent trailers and comes complete
with all the poles. I've seen these on ebay, and the seller/manufacturer -
PalaminoRV.com - claims you don't need guide ropes. Does anyone have
experience with that type?

On another subject, I watched Roam Sweet Home last night, after seeing it
promoted on the VAC website. It was wonderful - especially if you are a
dog-lover. A documentary that featured lots of Airstreams and Airstream
sages, and lots of desert-dwellers who were real characters. I recommend it,
and thank RJ (or whoever put it on the website) for the suggestion. My
public library had a copy, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
Kathy Fisken
'66 Caravel