[VAC] Re: 2 volt microwave required?

Stuart & Bonnie,
  I've never heard of a 12-volt microwave oven; most folks who want to
run one from batteries use an inverter. HOWEVER!

Bear in mind that [electrical] Power is what "does the job". Power is
Volts X Amps. A 1000-watt microwave would draw approximately 8-10 amps
from a 120-volt line, but it would be TEN TIMES that from your
batteries. Only a hefty battery bank can deliver that kind of current
for more than a few minutes. Even with a large battery bank (say, 6 golf
cart batteries), you'll not do any real cooking in the microwave.

As we knew that much of our camping would be in situations w/o any shore
power, we elected to not carry a microwave at all, but use the builtin
oven instead. We did add solar panels so we have lights, etc. w/o having
to carry or run a noisy, stinky generator.

                                  <<Jim>>