[VAC] Bambi skin replacement

I read a day or two ago the posts talking about replacing a segment on a Bambi and asking about getting pre-formed panels.

I have a Bambi myself which fortunately needs no skin replaced, but I was under the impression that there were no compound curves on the older 13 skin and 7 skin models.

I went out and looked at mine pretty close and it looks like the front and rear caps are made of flat pieces of aluminum sheet, bent in place and riveted.  They give the impression of a compound curve because the wide end (the "crust" of the pizza slice shape) is bent into a slight curve to match up with the roof panel.  If it's not a compound curve, it would seem a relatively simple task to replace one piece.

Anybody know for sure?  I've been wrong before of course . . .

Joe Insinga
'61 Bambi