[VAC] Re: Removing interior paint

Hi Phil,

I was successful in removing an almost identical paint layer situation.  My
entire Overlander on the inside was painted with two layers of latex on top
of the Zolatone.  The Zolatone is tough stuff back in '56-57.

I **strongly** recommend you just clean the interior with a mild detergent
and repaint using a scheme you like.

It took me about 60 hours of stripping to get my gutted interior down to the
bare aluminum.  I still have to clean/neutralize the panels before I polish
and reinstall.  I could not dream of having to do a job like it without a
total fixture removal.  If I had to do it over, I would remove the panels
first and strip 'outside' in a specially designed workspace to conserve
stripper and make the work much easier.

Gutting a trailer is a huge task in itself.....a simple repaint is much
preferred for getting very nice results.

Jay Griffin
late '56 Overlander