[VAC] Re:

Greetings all,
 I'm in the process of restoring a 57 Sovereign of the Road. I just
purchased a used water heater from someone in the classifieds and it came
with the original steel door painted silver. I know that the water heaters
of the fifties had aluminum doors which I believe frequently fell off or
were damaged over the years. Needless to say I have been unable to find any
good photos of what they should look like. Is there anyone out there that
could send me off list a couple of photos and some basic dimensions of an
original water heater door? I have access to a small metal shop at work and
plan to fabricate a proper replacement. Any help would be much appreciated.

Colin Hyde WBCCI 10247, VAC